Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day 4 - Wax on Wax off

It was a warm day, so I decided it was time to wash the Mustang (again) before giving her the first waxing. One thing I have noticed about the body and paint work on this car in the short time I've had it is that it seems like a higher quality than what I found with the BMW. The metal in the Mustang's body panels seems to be thicker as well. Plus, I had the BMW for almost a year, and I never fell in love with it. And at the price I paid for it, I darned well should have adored it. I know the Bimmer fans are probably going to say, "Yeah, but it's still a Ford." That's not a problem for me. Ford has stepped up their quality to a world class level, in my opinion. I enjoy driving an American product with the great look and power of the Muscle Cars of the 60s.

Anyway, enough of this nostalgia. Let's get back to the subject at hand. Those of you who have read any of my other auto blogs know that I'm a die-hard Meguier's fan. I love their products. So I started in on the Mustang with my favorite, the Gold Class Wax. And, in case you're a newbie to the auto care and detailing world, always use microfiber towels to prevent getting any of those pesky paint swirls in your beautiful paint job.

I'm a slow waxer, and I sometimes go over the area twice, so by the time I had finished for the day, I had gotten the roof, the trunk lid, and the rear quarter panels waxed. I considered clay barring it first, but there didn't seem to be a need. I remember the BMW was terribly in need of the clay bar when I got it. But not the Mustang. That saved me some time.

END OF DAY 4 — 219 Miles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;