Wednesday, February 22, 2012

DAY 8 - Some pictures (Finally)

It was nice and warm today so I took Sally out for a bit of a ride and a trip to Wendy's. We brought home lunch. Before leaving the house, and after backing out of the garage, I snapped a few pics with my iPhone. It doesn't take the best pictures, but at least you can get an idea of what she looks like. You can click the pic to make it larger. The color is Sterling Gray, and it was discontinued for a while because of the tsunami in Japan which caused a shutdown of the factory that supplied some of the paint ingredients.

I did notice a bit of an issue after leaving the driveway and getting out on the road. It's probably something that will go away. At least, it should. If not, a trip to the dealership will be required. Here's what happened: The engine was very cold at the time, the needle hardly off the peg, when I punched the accelerator. The response was immediate. There was no lag like you typically experience with an engine with a turbo installed.

The issue that concerned me was the definite intermittent surging of the power. I'm thinking it was because the engine was cold because I did the same thing on the way home and there was no surging whatsoever. I've been told that the computer goes through a "learning" process as you're breaking it in.

I'm still loving it! So glad I opted to trade the BMW in on this one.

END OF DAY — 244 Miles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;