Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 78 - Still Running Great (even better)

It's been 20 days since my last update, and I have some new information. I may have mentioned before that I was experiencing a bit of, for lack of a better term, "stammering" when I punched the accelerator. It was hardly noticeable to anyone but the driver. But it was there. And it bugged me.

After two months of living with it, I think I may have solved the problem. I believe it was the gasoline I was using. Since taking delivery on the car, I've been filling up with Shell gas. And beginning with the first fill up after I used the dealer-supplied full tank, I've been noticing this little "stuttering or stammering" when punching it.

The last time my fuel light came on, I pulled into my local Phillips 66. After filling the tank and driving away, the difference was immediately noticeable. The car seemed to have more power and a more sure-footed takeoff. I know what you're thinking, but the Shell and the Phillips were both 91 octane. I continued to the highway and punched it hard on the entry ramp. Perfect response from the 412 horses. Not a single horsie tripped or faltered. It was like the difference between night and day.

And if you're a betting man (or woman) betting that I'm going to be using Phillips 66 gasoline from now on is a sure win. If you're having any similar issues, give the Phillips 66 brand a try and see if it makes a difference.

END OF DAY 78 - 1,508 miles - 16.8 avg mpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;