Friday, August 3, 2012

Dented No More!

As I showed in my previous post, the beautiful Sterling Gray Mustang GT was the victim of a parking lot door ding. More than a ding. I was told today that it was a crease. I was also told that creases are typically not repairable by PDR. 

In addition, I was told that my PDR insurance (that I bought at the dealership when I bought the car) did NOT cover any repair for a crease. Naturally, I argued my case on the phone with the insurance carrier, but to no avail.

So, I called my dealership - Shawnee Mission Ford, in Shawnee, Kansas. After a few minutes explaining my situation to my contact there, he told me to have to the PDR shop go ahead and fix it, and have them send the bill for services to his attention at the dealership. Done deal.

An hour later I was driving home without my dent. I wanted to give Don Zimmerman at Z's Paintless Dent Repair in Belton, Missouri, a big shout out. He ignored the accepted wisdom that a crease cannot be repaired by PDR and worked his magic to restore the Mustang's dented body to its original pristine and perfect condition. The man is an artist when it comes to metal.

Also, another big THANK YOU goes out to Greg at Shawnee Mission Ford. I feel much better about the whole thing now. If you're in the Kansas City area and need a new Ford, you know where to go. And if your new car gets a door ding (or a crease) Don at Z's Paintless Dent Repair can fix you up in short order.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;